Tuesday 19 January 2016

Stress is not my friend

 The past two weeks have pushed my stressed limits to breaking point. Two 3000 word essays and a maths exam with a pass grade of 100%- all due within 2 days of each other. 

 I'll admit I'm not the most organised of people, things get jumbled up and muddled round in my head until I struggle to distinguish between what I have done, meant to have done and what else needs doing. 

 I broke down last week when my laptop wouldn't connect to the Internet. It was such a little thing, all that needed doing was a reboot of said laptop to make things tiptop again. But at that moment in time it was the straw that broke the camels back:

 'I can't do it'

 'I don't understand'

 'Everyone will be disappointed in me'

'I'm never going to be a nurse'

 Today was due day, the EXAM that requires 100% pass....... a MATHS EXAM! I don't think you need me to elaborate on how crap I am with numbers, but let's just say I'd rather face a room full Katie Hopkins (yuck) than walk through the doors of a numeracy exam.

 But something happened before I set off on my commuter train to London. My farmer man gifted me with a treat. A harmonica! I've wanted one since Christmas when I got a cheapy one as a joke present and really enjoyed making tunes on it. It cheered me up no end and made me stop being a moaning Molly and start being a positive Polly :)

 If I've passed these essays and exams or not, it's not the end of the world and it's certainly not going to hold me down. 


Stay positive. Stay happy.

 '

No comments:

Post a Comment